Age Group squad 1
The AG1 squad is a progression from Development squad 2. It's for swimmers with competition experience, good technique, speed and stamina, who may be aiming towards county/regional qualifying times.
Monday 19.00–21.00, Wednesday 18.00–19.00, Friday 19.45–21.00 and Sunday 08.00–09:00.
Training aims and objectives
- Develop stroke technique on all 4 strokes
- Learn & perfect starts, turns, finishes & relay takeovers
- Read the pace clock independently
- Keep a logbook of training & competition results
- Learn and practise basic stretching, body weight and core strength exercises
- Increase distance covered in training sessions to improve endurance
Kit requirements (click here for more info on Club kit)
- Appropriate swimwear
- Swimming hat
- Water bottle
- Kick board
- Pull buoy
- Enter and swim all four strokes and IM in both Summer Sprint and Winter Club Championships.
- Register four times for chosen strokes/distances at licensed open meets
- Swim in club galas when invited