Age Group squad 2
This is our top squad, a progression from Age Group 1, and is for swimmers whose technique is very strong and who have good speed and fitness.
Monday 19.00–21.00, Wednesday 18.00–20.00, Friday 19.45–21.00 and Sunday 08.00–09:00.
Training aims and objectives
- Develop stroke technique on all four strokes
- Learn & perfect starts, turns, finishes & relay takeovers
- Read the pace clock independently
- Keep a logbook of training & competition results
- Practise basic stretching, body weight & core strength exercises
- Increase the distance covered in training sessions to improve endurance
Kit requirement (click here for more information on Club kit)
- Appropriate swim wear
- Swimming hat
- Water bottle
- Kick board
- Pull buoy
- Hand paddle
- Enter and swim all four strokes and IM in both Summer Sprint and Winter Club Championships.
- Register six times for chosen strokes/distances at licensed open meets
- Swim in club galas when invited