PERFORMANCE FITNESS SQUAD
Sunday 08:50 to 09:50
Tuesday Spinning 19:30 to 20:30
Wednesday 20:15 to 21:15
The Performance Fitness squad provides opportunities for swimmers to receive structured coaching for life-long participation in aquatics. There may be many reasons why an athlete may hold membership to performance fitness, including:
- A platform to keep fit and improve technical skills in a structured environment.
- Training for those wishing to compete in masters swimming, open-water and triathlon events.
- Recovery from injury or long-term illness.
- Reduction in hours during a busy academic period.
Swimmers in the Performance Fitness squad need to maintain self-motivation, as attendance at the sessions on offer is not mandatory. The training schedule benefits swimmers’ technical, physical and psychological development.
Squad aims and objectives
- Develop stroke technique on all four strokes through correct execution of skills and drills as directed by the coaching team.
- Demonstrate training skills: punctuality, use of the pace clock, listening, open questioning, lane discipline and courtesy
- Compete in both club championships and summer sprints in all four strokes
Criteria for membership
Membership of the squad is at the lead coach’s discretion. It is open to existing club members who have consistently displayed the appropriate work ethic in their previous squad. A review of membership will be carried out on an ad-hoc basis in consultation with swimmer and parents. Any swimmers wishing to move into Performance Elite or Masters will require a face to face meeting with the lead coach of the associated squad to outline the requirements of the squad.
Kit requirement (click here for more information on Club kit)
- Appropriate swim wear
- Swimming hat
- Water bottle
- Kick board
- Pull boy