In training, always behave with consideration to your lane mates:
- Keep to the side of the lane: no hogging the middle!
- If the swimmer behind catches you up, stop at the end of the length and let them by.
- If the swimmer ahead is slower than you, ask to go in front for the next length/swim.
- Listen to your coach, so that she/he doesn't have to repeat instructions while other swimmers get cold. (Asking questions if you don't understand IS allowed.)
At competitions (including open meets) you're representing Cormorants, so please behave appropriately:
- Support and encourage your teammates
- Be polite on poolside and in the changing rooms.
- Listen to the marshals, referees and team managers, and do as they ask.
- Be quiet for the start of each race, so that the swimmers about to race are not disturbed.
- Never make negative comments to or about other swimmers or clubs.
- Ask permission from a coach or team manager if you want to leave poolside.
- After a gala, wait poolside until the results have been announced and any trophy presentation has been made.
- Help clear up any rubbish in the team area.