Assessment swimming standard
Next swim trial Sunday 15th April 2018
We ask swimmers who'd like to join the club to be at Stage 7 on the Swim England learn-to-swim framework. To reach this level they have to:
- Swim 25m backstroke
- Swim 25m front crawl
- Swim 25m butterfly
- Swim 25m breaststroke
- Perform a movement sequence of 1 minute duration, in a group of 3 or more, incorporating a number of the following skills:
Perform a sitting dive
Swim 50m continuously using one stroke
Swim 100m, using a minimum of 3 different strokes
Tread water using eggbeater action for 30 seconds.
Complete an obstacle course (using a minimum or four objects) with feet off the pool floor throughout
- Sculling: head first, feet first
- Rotation: forward/backward somersault, log roll
- Floating: star on the front/on the back, tuck float, create own
- Eggbeater: moving, lifting one or both arms out of the water link skills with strokes and sculls
In addition, swimmers must be 8 years old.
PLEASE NOTE: Older children will have higher expectations of ability, stamina and speed. They will also be asked to complete a 200m timed swim as part of their assessment process.