Development squad 1
This squad is for new members, who can be any age but are usually 8–10, who need to develop basic technique and fitness.
Monday 18.00–19.00 and Friday 19.00–19.45.
Training aims and objectives
- Improve technique on all four strokes
- Be able to swim 100 individual medley
- Perform starts, turns and finishes for all four strokes and IM
- Perform relay takeovers
- Be aware of the pace clock
- Begin to learn the rules of the sport
Kit requirement (click here for more information on Club kit)
- Appropriate swim wear
- Swimming hat
- Water bottle
- Kick board
- Enter and swim all four strokes and IM in both Summer Sprints and Winter Club Championships.
- Swim in club galas when invited
- Feb 2018- Below, a link to the results of the informal 100 metres front crawl time trial. Note that these times were from a push rather than a dive, and swum near the end of the session: we wanted to spot-check what they could do in normal training conditions.- time trial results
- Jan 2018 - see time trial results