Development squad 2
This squad is a progression from Development squad 1, and is for swimmers whose stamina, technique and speed have reached a point where they're ready to start competing.
Monday 18.00–19.00, Friday 19.00–20.00 and Sunday 08.00– 09:00.
Training aims and objectives
- Swim with correct technique on all four strokes
- Be able to swim 200 individual medley
- Do correct turns on all four strokes and IM
- Do correct starts on all four strokes
- Improve relay takeover speed
- Perform correct finishes on all 4 strokes
- Use a pace clock
- Understand the rules of the sport
Kit requirement (click here for more information on Club kit)
- Appropriate swimwear
- Swimming hat
- Water bottle
- Kick board
- Pull buoy
- Snorkel (optional but useful)
- Enter and swim all four strokes and IM in both Summer Sprints and Winter Club Championships.
- Register two times for chosen strokes/distances at licensed open meets.
- Swim in club galas when invited.