ELITE PERFORMANCE SQUAD
Sunday 8 – 9.30am; Pre-Pool 7:45am
Monday 7 - 9pm ; Pre-Pool 6:45pm
Tuesday 6 – 7pm (Land Training / Programmed Activity)
Wednesday 7 - 9pm; Pre-Pool 6:45pm
Friday 7 - 8pm (Westgate Land Training inc. Pre-Pool)
Friday 8 - 9pm
Elite Performance Squad, an extension of the Performance Squad, aimed at senior developing and experienced swimmers (14yr and over). It will offer more pool time on a Wednesday (2 hours) and an additional time on Sunday (30 mins) where individuals can work on specific elements of aquatics. On Tuesday’s there will be dry side training, which will include a variety of activities and subjects ranging from guest speakers to cardiovascular work-outs. Everything scheduled will benefit the swimmers both physical and psychological.
Swimmers are expected to arrive 15mins in advance of the session to partake in pre-pool activities prior to water entry. More information about pre-pool and some of the activities chosen can be found here.
We expect every swimmer to be self-motivated attending every session on offer, keeping person records and completing self-analysis. A high level of effort is expected with swimmers setting measurable goals and working hard to achieve these.
Squad aims and objectives
- Provide the opportunity to continue to develop stroke technique on all 4 strokes.
- Providing analysis on starts, turns, finishes & relay takeovers allowing development and progression of technique.
- Develop and learn basic stretching, body weight and core strengthening exercises as well as cardiovascular dry side training.
- Increased distance covered in training sessions to improve endurance.
Kit requirement (click here for more information on Club kit)
- Appropriate swim wear
- Swimming hat
- Water bottle
- Kick board
- Hand paddle
- Attend county and regional qualifying meets and club galas, when selected.