Sunday 8 - 9am
Monday 7 - 9pm
Wednesday 7 - 8pm
Friday 7 - 8pm (Westgate Land Training inc. Pre-Pool)
Friday 8 - 9pm
Squad aims and objectives
The Performance Squad is designed to have a fluid structure. Although a large squad, it allows swimmers to find the correct position depending on their speed and stroke technique, moving seamlessly through the squad as they progress. There are numerous swimming sessions for swimmers to commit, where they can work on every aspect of aquatics. With regular analysis (including video) of starts, turns and strokes, every swimmer will have the opportunity to benefit from the knowledge of the growing coaching team.
In the performance squad, swimmers will learn different stretching techniques including core conditioning work. Once the swimmer has improved their knowledge, they will be encouraged to develop their own dry side warm up implementing it at the beginning of each session they attend and competitions. Throughout the year there will be guest speakers talking about relevant subjects which the squad will be invited to attend, when appropriate. With a deeper understanding of the sport the swimmers will be expected to keep a record of their progress.
- Opportunity to continue to develop stroke technique on all 4 strokes.
- Analysis of starts, turns, finishes and relay takeovers allowing development of technique.
- Develop and learn stretching, body weight and core strengthening exercises.
- Increased distance covered in training sessions to improve endurance.
NB. There is the expectation that the swimmer is responsible for keeping a record of their training and competition results
Kit requirement (click here for more information on Club kit)
- Appropriate swim wear
- Swimming hat
- Water bottle
- Kick board
- Hand paddle
- Attend county and regional qualifying meets and club galas, when selected.