ACADEMY: GOLD SQUAD
Sunday 07:45 to 08:50
Monday 17:50 to 19:00
Wednesday 18:10 to 19:15
Friday 18:55 to 20:10
Gold squad is for swimmers aged up to 14.
Squad aims and objectives
- Improving all 4 strokes; continue technical progression on front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke; improve stroke timing; develop good, technically correct butterfly arm action
- Be able to swim individual medley confidently
- Independently perform pre-pool dynamic-stretching routine
- Consistently demonstrate correct training skills: punctuality; independent use of the pace clock; pacing as directed by coach; listening and questioning; lane discipline; courtesy
- Consistently perform technically correct starts, turns and finishes on all four strokes in training
- Develop skills at relay takeovers
- Be able to explain FINA stroke laws for technique, starts, turns and finishes
- Perform test sets to a standard suitable for promotion to the Performance squad. Typically these will be a fastest time of 2:30.00 or faster and a drop-off over four swims of no more than 10 seconds
Squad changes are at the lead coach's discretion, but swimmers will only be considered for promotion to the Performance Junior squad when they have achieved these standards.
Swimmers who reach the age of 14 without being invited to join Performance Junior will move to the Performance Fitness training squad.
Kit requirement (click here for more information on Club kit)
- Appropriate swim wear
- Swimming hat
- Water bottle
- Hand paddles
- Enter club meets (2) and open meet (3) events, plus swim in team galas if invited.